Smart Ways to Save Tax on Your Salary Income: Paying taxes is an inevitable part of our financial lives, but that doesn’t mean you have to pay more than necessary.
As a salaried individual, you may have limited opportunities to reduce your tax liability, but there are still some smart and legal ways to save on taxes.
With proper planning and understanding of the tax laws, you can optimize your tax savings and keep more money in your pocket.
In this blog, we will discuss some of the most effective ways to save tax on your salary income, along with their benefits and limitations. So, let’s dive in and learn how to maximize your tax savings.
Here are some ways to save tax on salary income
- Invest in Section 80C options: Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, you can claim deductions on investments up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs. Options under Section 80C include ELSS, PPF, NSC, Tax Saving FDs, ULIPs, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, SCSS, EPF, Payment of Life Insurance Premiums, and Home Loan Principal Repayment.
- Health Insurance Premium: You can claim deductions under Section 80D for premiums paid towards health insurance. The limit for deduction under Section 80D is up to Rs. 50,000 for senior citizens and up to Rs. 25,000 for individuals.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): If you are a salaried employee and receive HRA, you can claim tax deductions on HRA if you are paying rent. The amount of deduction depends on your salary, HRA received, and rent paid.
- NPS (National Pension System): Contributions to NPS are eligible for tax deductions up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs under Section 80C. Additionally, you can claim an additional deduction of up to Rs. 50,000 under Section 80CCD (1B).
- Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): If you receive LTA from your employer, you can claim tax exemptions for expenses incurred on domestic travel.
- Standard Deduction: Salaried employees can claim a standard deduction of up to Rs. 50,000 from their gross salary.
- Education Loan: Interest paid on an education loan can be claimed as tax deductions under Section 80E.
It is important to note that each of these options has specific conditions and limitations, so it is advisable to consult a tax expert or financial planner to determine the best tax-saving strategies for your individual circumstances.
For More such Insightful helpful content, do join us on our Instagram Page-Edueasify. Get the Latest Information on Business, Finance, Investment, Brand Building, Lifestyle, Entertainment, and Billionaire Quotes On Edueasify.